Sign up for STAF’s Volunteers Yahoo e-mail Group –
It’s a great way for us to keep in touch. Messages will only be sent when there is important news, so don’t worry about filling up your mailbox.
This list is fully moderated, so you can send messages
and they will be reviewed before posting.
Thanks for being a STAF volunteer.
One of the most important things you can do to help is volunteer your time. STAF has many needs which individuals and groups can meet by periodically volunteering their time to the welfare of animals.
STAF is an all-volunteer organization, and we could really use your help. There are many opportunities to share your knowledge and experience, your time and your talent. Working together, we can help so many more animals.
STAF is NOT an animal shelter. We don’t have a building where we house stray or orphaned animals, and we do not take in or adopt out animals. However, we can make suggestions about how you can help animals in shelters. We are not veterinarians , but we work with veterinarians and clinics to provide low-cost spay/neuter and limited financial assistance for medical care.
Lend a Helping Paw
The fact that you are reading this proves that you are a most important, caring and valuable person, and we need you! Save The Animals Foundation is completely dependent on caring people, just like you.
What’s that? You say you don’t have the time to volunteer, and you don’t have any special talents, and you have no experience, and would it be okay if you just sent a check to help out? By all means, send that check! We need every dollar we can get to pay for spaying and neutering dogs and cats, and for lots of other expenses. But please don’t stop there.
We at STAF are all volunteers, and we are all very busy with our own lives, but we have managed to help many hundreds of animals since we started our group. We are growing all the time, and the help we want to offer is growing too. The fact is, there just aren’t enough of us to do all that needs to be done.
That’s where you come in. We need you! And we aren’t asking for a full time commitment – just an hour or two each month, or every three months, or even once a year, would make a huge difference in our ability to help animals. Of course, if you can give several hours each week, we can put you to good use. Our goal is to break down the large tasks into smaller ones, so no individual is responsible for too much.
- Our fund raising events such as our annual Bucket Auction and occasional Dine to Donate are great times to volunteer. Just look at our upcoming list of events and let us know which events you would like to participate in. We’ll give you plenty of support and you’ll work with people who have experience.
- Our Fundraising Committee needs people to come up with ideas, to contact locations for events, to plan and arrange refreshments, to contact vendors for sales, to contact media for publicity, to design and distribute flyers, to coordinate STAF members and assign duties, and to collect the funds we raise.
- STAF’s newsletter, Paws for Thought, is mailed several times a year. Our Newsletter Committee needs people to help us get it distributed to area veterinary offices and businesses.
- We’d love to have a “Free to a Good Home” Brigade – people to call folks who advertise “free kittens” or “free puppies” in the newspaper and to tell them why they should have their animals spayed or neutered, to give them information about proper care of their animals, to offer spay/neuter assistance, if needed, and to mail information when appropriate. We’d also like to give them guidance on finding good homes and offer screening suggestions to help prevent their animals from ending up in perilous situations.
- Our Grants Committee needs people to find out about available grants, to find out the eligibility requirements for each grant, to write the grant applications, to find out what was wrong and reapply if we are turned down, to write a “thank-you” if we are approved, to keep track of all funds received and how they are used, and to apply for another grant as soon as possible.
- Tabling at various community events would allow us to educate the public about animal issues and promote our goals to improve the lives of animals. We need people to find locations for tabling events, to organize the tabling materials, to staff those tables, and to clean up after the event.
- STAF networks with many other organizations in the region. We can direct you to other groups who need foster homes, groomers, and other kinds of hands-on animal help.
Of course, we are always happy to accept monetary donations as well. Save The Animals Foundation, Inc. is a 501©(3) organization registered with the IRS. We are non-profit, and donations are tax deductible.
There is lots more that needs to be done. We have been doing it all, and we’d like to share the load and the satisfaction with those of you who have the desire to make a difference. Get in touch and let us know how much time you can spare and what you’d be willing to do. For more information on how you can help, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 856-218-7006